Creating a Scheduled Teaching Record and Syllabus with Digital Measures
The Digital Measures Roadmap is a printable guide that could serve as a printed program for note-taking while watching the videos linked below. Please pay particular attention to the instructions marked Note Well. The Digital Measures Required Fields Map highlights what must be included in every Scheduled Teaching record.
The Digital Measures interface is, for the most part, a guessable Web form with help built into the system, but there are a few things that you cannot guess and just have to know. Watching at least the first three listed under Introduction is strongly recommended.
Syllabus and Course Assessment Action Form in Digital Measures
Links stream video in Windows Media (wmv) format. (Mac users: VLC media player download).
When viewing the video streams off-campus, depending on your ISP, you may experience repeated buffering that makes for unacceptable performance. In the event of repeated buffering, activate your Cisco SSL VPN client. Videos will take a few moments to load, but the repeated buffering will stop. (The VPN client is available to download with rcs authentication.)
- Login (1:28)
- Overview (6:04)
- Scheduled Teaching Using the Duplicate Record Feature (8:14)
Loading Information into Digital Measures
- Begin From Scratch (8:21)
- Meeting Type, Office Hours, & Miscellaneous (4:50)
- Teaching Assistants (5:44)
- Course Policy and Syllabus-Related Information (4 video clips)
(This popup contains several required fields and a number of optional fields. Instructors completing all optional fields will spend more time in this popup than those who do not. However, the time investment is worthwhile because, in future semesters, the entire course that you describe now in detail will be copied and edited without wholesale re-entry of information.)
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Measures (5:57)
- Course Assessment Actions (2:31)
Getting Information Out of Digital Measures
- Generating a Syllabus Report (3:55)
- Generating a Course Assessment Action Form Report (2:31)
- Generating a Scheduled Teaching Completeness or Scheduled Teaching Exception Report (2:08)
- Generating Course Evaluation Reports (5:32)