The Teaching Squares Program is designed to support classroom practice by building community through a non-evaluative process of classroom observation and shared reflection.
Teaching Squares are comprised of groups of four faculty, ideally from different disciplines, who:
- Observe at least one class taught by each Square partner (A total of three observations per partner per semester)
- Reflect on the classroom observation experience.
- Share reflections with Square partners.
- Share Square observations with project participants as a whole.
- Your Teaching Square experience will offer you the opportunity to improve your own teaching by observing your Square partners in an actual classroom situation.
By participating in Teaching Squares, you will have an opportunity to:
- Observe, analyze, and celebrate good teaching.
- Increase your understanding of, and appreciation for, the work of colleagues.
- Experience the joy and confusion of being a student.
- Formulate a plan for enhancing your teaching based on your own observations and reflections, as well as the shared reflections of your Square partners.