Course Syllabus Process
Course syllabi must be completed and published two weeks after the first day of classes for the term. AEFIS will automatically publish all syllabi 3 weeks after the first day of classes for the term. Once courses are published, students will be able to review the syllabus in the AEFIS interface. In addition, the public URL that is available will display all syllabus contents. The URL for the syllabus in AEFIS can be copied and shared in any tool (LMS, email, or websites).
Syllabus Video Tutorials
The video tutorials below are focused specifically on the Rensselaer template in AEFIS.
Course Coordinator Role
- AEFIS Syllabus: Adding and Publishing Syllabus Content as an Instructor (15:09)
- AEFIS Syllabus: Copying a Syllabus Function (3:24)
- AEFIS Syllabus: Adding the AEFIS Tool to Your Blackboard Course (4:24)
Below is a link to a series of general videos produced by AEFIS on creating course content for a syllabus. A description of each video is noted below along with what roles are for each video:
- How to Create a Syllabus Template (Institute Administrator Role) - this video is for the AEFIS Administrator in creating the institute wide syllabus. This video would not need to be reviewed by Course Coordinators or Instructors.
- How to Add CLOs & Syllabus Default Content to Courses (Course Coordinator Role) - this video is for Course Coordinators to review to understand how to add CLOs and Syllabus Default content to courses. This video would not need to be reviewed by instructors.
- How to Add Syllabus Content from the Instructor Role - this video shows the process for instructors to add syllabus content each term.
AEFIS Training Video Link for Described Videos Above: AEFIS Adding Content to Course Syllabus Training Videos